- Patient Testimonies
- Our patients are excited to share their experiences with others. Read their stories here.
Flexion Distraction Therapy
Flexion Distraction is a chiropractic technique used to treat many conditions of the lumbar spine. It is a technique aimed at increasing spinal motion and resolving disc bulges and disc herniations. The treatment is excellent as a safe, gentle, non-force procedure and works well to take pressure of the spinal nerves that may be injured or dysfunctional.
- Reduce pressure on the spinal nerves from a disc bulge or herniation
- Increase spinal motion within the disc and spinal joints
- A conservative option to surgery for herniated discs
- Reducing symptoms of sciatica
How is Flexion
Flexion Distraction involves using a special table that distracts and flexes the spine in an automated and gentle rythmic motion. Dr. Ashley will use some manual techniques with the table to resolve tightness within the muscles, joint restrictions, disc herniation or bulging. The goal is to allow the spine to move correctly in a manner that will remove pressure from the low back joints.